2022 MIDiA predictions The year of the creator
Our clients have full access to all of our reports. Clients can log in to read this report. Click here to become a client or, you can purchase this individual report.
The 20,000 foot view: In this report MIDiA Research analysts present their predictions for what will be the big trends in digital media and tech across music, video, brands, marketing, games, and sports in 2022 and beyond.
- These are the ten meta and cultural trends that will shape 2022:
- The year of the creator
- Hybrid futures
- Reasons, not ways, to spend attention
- Metaverse edges towards primetime
- NFT’s grow, but do not meet inflated expectations
- Asymmetry of competition
- The remuneration revolution
- The whole world is a game
- The internationalisation of culture
Companies and brands mentioned in this report: Adele, Amazon, Apple, Ariana Grande, Asda, AT&T, AWAL, BeatStars, Bored Ape Yacht Club, BTS, Comcast, Discord, Distrokid, DOODS, Facebook, Fortnite, Google, HBO Max, Hipgnosis, Instagram, Kobalt, Lewis Hamilton, Lando Norris, Meta, Microsoft, Money Heist, NBA, Netflix, NFL, Niantic, Peacock, Peloton, PIXELYNX, Pixel Pass, Reddit, Sky, Sony, SME, Spotify, Square, Squid Game, Team Quadrant, The Queen’s Gambit, TikTok, Tommy Hilfiger, Twitch, UMG, United Masters, Warner Media, WMG, YouTube