MIDiA Research Predictions, 2016 Video Eats The World
The 20,000 Foot View This decade has been defined by accelerating innovation and disruption. With the majority of consumers now digitally connected in one way or another, new technologies have the ability to utterly transform existing models with a swiftness and totality not previously possible. Digital disruptions no longer only affect your digital audiences yet at the same time markets evolve at different paces, with early adopters expecting ever more innovation and less adventurous consumers clinging onto incumbent platforms. In this report we explore the key technology trends that will shape music, video and mobile content in 2016.
- Consumers are new technologies at unprecedented and rates
- Three major will shape the digital content - messaging apps will accelerate, will eat the world, re-aggregation begin
- In music digital will finally surpass of streaming holdouts will trickle not and Spotify will remain the subscription service
- In mobile Android revenue will surpass iOS, disruption will accelerate, big freemium will lose traction
- In video more unbundled video subscription services launch, mobile video will blur the edges, interactive ads will traction on TV channel apps
Companies and services mentioned in this report: Amazon, Andreessen Horowitz, Anghami, Apple, CBS, Digicel, Disney, Facebook, Fox, Google, HBO, KING, KKBox, NBC, Netflix, QQ Music, Rovio, Saavn, SeeSo, Snapchat, Spotify, Yonder, YouTube, Zynga