Latest MIDiA Research Reports: An Overview
Throughout Q1 2017 MIDiA Research has taken a close look at the latest shifts, trends and consumer insights within the digital marketplace across the 4 key areas of Video, Media, Music and Games. MIDiA reports address market forecasts and growth patterns by coverage areas and our latest reports consist of development trends, competitive landscape analysis, and key developments.
On the SVOD (Subscription Video On Demand) front, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video are leading the charge both domestically in the US and also internationally. In the ‘Why Netflix Is A Next Generation Network And Amazon Is A Next Generation Operator’ subscriber-only report, MIDiA’s video analyst Tim Mulligan assesses how these two SVOD giants are developing emerging next generation operators and network assets.
The report will enable Video clients to gain the following insights:
- Understand the key strategic objectives of Netflix & Amazon
- Learn where their competitive position is in the marketplace is and what defines their next generation capabilities
- Gain insight into the specific strategic objectives and differentiation between the two dominant SVOD players
In this month’s Media report, MIDiA media analyst Zach Fuller reveals how Television, Print and Radio are now competing in the attention economy across multiple platforms simultaneously. He also analyses the results of this shift while assessing where the solutions lie in ‘The Platform-Agnostic Artist’ Media report.
The report will enable Media clients to gain the following insights:
- Discover what emerging consumer behaviour the present mixture of freemium, subscription and telco bundles has now created
- Learn what the image-centric and increasingly video-based post-platform landscape reveals
- Understand how just many more consumers are using curated playlists through Spotify and Apple Music than was the case six months previously
- Understand how streaming has now become the de facto mode of music consumption
In the new ‘Streaming Music Growth’ report, MIDiA music analyst Mark Mulligan is exploring how the S-Curve will determine growth in the streaming music space, by assessing streaming trade revenue increase and music subscriber growth from previous years. Mark explains how the adoption of consumer-driven technologies has adhered to the S-Curve pattern and what will determine the outlook for streaming music. The report uses 100 years’ worth of consumer adoption data to identify streaming music’s growth potential.
The report will enable Music clients to gain the following insights :
- Understand the S-Curve adoption pattern
- Learn the growth potential range for the streaming music markets by 2025
- Discover what will be the key growth determinant in streaming becoming the lion’s share of the recorded music business by 2025
The popularity of freemium games in the app economy is evident across the globe as they capture the lion’s share of both the top 100 grossing overall charts, as well as gaming charts globally. Games analyst, Karol Severin, is explaining what sits behind the global popularity of freemium games in the new ‘State Of The Freemium Games Q1 2017’. The report is a comprehensive assessment of freemium dynamics in the top 100 grossing charts.
The report will enable Games clients to gain the following insights :
- Discover the average age of an app (in days) in top 100 grossing games on the Google Play Store and on the App Store
- Learn which regions recycle the top game charts the fastest
- Understand the top freemium game categories in the Asian Top 100 grossing game charts and also in the North American charts
MIDiA Research reports enable clients to better understand the market trends, to grasp opportunities and articulate critical business strategies. Our subscription packages include monthly research reports, full access to the entire report database, comprehensive assets with each report and additional analyst enquiry service.
Learn more on how to become a MIDiA subscription client with exclusive unlimited access to the reports or-
Join our mailing list to receive 2 Free MIDiA industry reports.