Social Media Usage by social media segments Available for: US, UK, Canada, Australia, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, India, Mexico
This dataset contains survey data regarding social media engagement across over 25 social segments. It includes the following services: Facebook, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Discord, TikTok, and Twitch.
- Inform your social media strategy
- Set realistic expectations for your social media campaigns
- Understand the relative positioning of social platforms, particularly which groups they cater to
- Understand the ratios between weekly and daily active usage of social media, and see how this varies for different types of consumer
- Determine the optimum place to market your new product
- Understand for what purpose consumers use different social platforms
Examples of questions answered:
- “What percentage of Australians use Snapchat every day?”
- “What percentage of Snapchat users are female, compared to TikTok users?”
- “How does active usage of YouTube vary across age groups? How does this compare to TikTok?”
- “Which social media is most likely to be used for content creation?”
- “Which platforms are those who shop or browse products on social media most likely to use?”
Key segments included:
Age, gender, age within gender, and income.
Facebook, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Discord, TikTok, and Twitch.
Weekly active users (WAUs) and daily active users (DAUs) of all tracked services.
Tagssocial media social media usage
CompaniesDiscord Facebook snapchat Twitch twitter
This report is relevant to the following roles:Audience Insight