Gamer Behaviours & Discovery by Gamer Segment Available for: US, UK, Australia, Canada, Japan, India, Mexico
This dataset contains survey data regarding key games related behaviours across over 60 gamer segments. It includes consumer penetrations for the following behaviours:
Monthly active gamer engagement by platform (mobile, computer, and console), esports attendance, multiplayer gaming, paying for games subscriptions, penetration by key games titles, games genres and games discovery segments.
It also includes data on consumers’ preference for AAA games vs Indie games vs in-game purchases; how many games a gamer plays per month; what type of games subscription someone has; how many games a consumer has purchased in the past 6 months (by format, physical, digital, in-game items, etc.); and where gamers discover the games they play.
- Understand and benchmark uptake and overlaps of key gamer behaviours
- Understand the different ways gamers are discovering games to optimise marketing strategy
- Understand the game and in-game purchasing behaviours of gamers
Examples of questions answered:
- “How do fans of different game genres discover their games?”
- “How many games are gamers buying in person compared to online?”
- “How many games does the average gamer play per month?”
- “How many games does the average gamer buy?”
- “How likely are different types of gamers to subscribe to a games subscription?”
Key segments included:
Age, gender, age within gender, and income.
Gamer average, PC gamers, console gamers, and mobile gamers.
Esports attendance, multiplayer gaming, paying for games subscriptions
By purchasing behaviour:
In real life, physical video games online, digital video games online, downloaded video games I have not played, appearance based in-game items, and advantage based in-game items.
By fans of specific game genres:
Action / adventure, first-person shooter (FPS), multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA), open world / sandbox, puzzle, role-playing game (RPG), simulator, strategy, and survival.